We are a PVP and Trade oriented server, with unique features found nowhere else in StarMade! Light vs Dark was originally founded in October of 2015 by Ironheld. The unique theme and focus on PVP allowed the server to grow and develop a dedicated following. The server has been recently transferred to STAR Industries and has undergone a complete overhaul. We have an active group of admins and server technicians to keep the server running as smoothly as possible for all players. Come join us on Discord or our forums for more information and to participate in our community!
Discord (Client Recommended): https://discord.gg/78gsXQS
Unique Server Features:
- Light, Dark, or Neutral alignment is mandatory, providing the basis for PVP and trade. Align with the "!align" command!
- We have a custom wrapper (by DestroyerOfWorlds) that is ever growing with new commands and in-game features. (Type !help in game)
- Our wrapper now has a built-in quest engine! We have a few quests for now and more will be coming soon!
- We have custom currency, with bronze, silver, and gold bars. These can be used in kiosk machines at the Hub to make purchases. These can be earned through quests and admin events!
- Starter Ships are provided for all players upon spawning. Just head to the Hub and spend your free starting bronze bars to get started right away!
- Bounty boards and Custom Quests are posted on the forums.
- Ships may have a Lojack 5000 placed on them, and our friendly bot Melvin will track them for you.. even if they are stolen or lost.
- Our storyline is posted on the StarDock!
Choose your side! Light or Dark
Our rules are designed to promote friendly engagement, freedom in builds, and a lag free server. We set our limits based on extensively testing the capabilities of StarMade. These rules are subject to change at any time, so please feel free to check back often. Please see our forum page here
for the rule list
protected spawn at 2 2 2
120 base speed limit
22x total mining bonus for faction controlled areas
Very low faction points required for claimed sectors
10k sector size
Star damage protection lasts for 10 seconds instead of the default of 5
- Quick Jump Drive Recharge -
2x Jump Drive Charge Speed
Half jump distance (4 sectors)
- Greatly increased warhead effectiveness and cost-
12k warhead damage
10 block warhead explosion radius (increased from 8)
- Mega Storage -
20,000 personal storage
10,000 cargo expander space per block
Base block storage is the default of 200 to allow sensor systems to function easily.
Location: Beauharnois, Montréal, Quebec with fiber-optic backbone throughout the U.S. and Europe
Processor: Intel i7
Cores/Threads: 4 cores/8 threads
Frequency: 4 GHz+ (4.6ghz turbo)
RAM: 32 GB DDR3
Disks: 250GB RAID SSD
Net Bandwidth: 250 Mbps