Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
StarMade v0.201.200 Cleanup, Fixes & Enhancements
Posted on September 29th, 2018 11:54 AM EST
Since the weapon update there have been a lot of smaller updates along the way which fixed several issues and added smaller features. For this one, we wanted to make a seperate release announcement for some bigger features as well as more bug fixes.
In the future, this mode is going to be enhanced to be a non-intrusive tutorial for new players. When placing a ship core the buttons will light up to lead the players on what modules to build and how to build them. This eliminates the need to watch lengthy non-interactive videos or having to check on the wiki.
The drones come equipped with a flashlight (toggles on ‘P’ by default or in the display setting in adv. Build mode), as well as the option to display the name of the player below the drone.
Keep in mind that this mode is currently still a bit experimental, as there are some minor issues and more features coming for this. One of those features will be delayed camera movement to make flying a lot more fun all around, as well as HUD updates. There will be fixes to handle differently orientated cockpit blocks better as well as other fixes for the “aim at” check.
An all new tab has been added for the Block Editor. This tab contains all information and management for the models in the game. This will speed up development and integration of models considerably in the future, especially for the universe update.
To compensate for the necessity of having fast clocks, modules now stay active when a logic block is connected that was switched to active. Currently the activity will reset if the entity unloads, in which case the logic block would have to be turned off and on again. Persistence for that will be added in the next update.
- Possible Fix for missing/reverted chunks
This bug seems to be finally fixed (can’t call it 100% fixed yet without long term experience on production, since we had no way of reproducing it). The bug was possibly caused by save events marking chunks as not validated on the server, but at the same time not queuing them for validation cause of another event at the same time. This caused those chunks to not be saved in that session.
- Fixed all crashes due to malformed translation Strings
If there was an error in a translation string format (e.g. using malformed arguments), the game would previously crash. These bugs would be fairly hard to track down since they would only happen in that specific language. The system has now been updated to compensate for those bugs and automatically replace the string with an error.
- Fixed pirate/tg spawning when attacking a station
- Fix for missing Area Trigger icon, + icons for new blocks.
- Custom texture for cargo block in build mode
- Fix for cargo draw issues (on transparent blocks)
- Torch beam damage upped from 1 to 4
- Fixed nullpointer on UI when active reactor changes
- Fixed bug that would prevent newly spawned planets and asteroids from being saved when edited (existing ones had no problem).
- Removed popup when opening storage
- Added more info in the build mode entity info
- Temporary shield disable now affects whole structure incl. all docks, instead of just the entity it was triggered on.
- Fixed crash after setting the "Pull up to" value of Cargo to 0.
- Turn rate config values exposed and explained in blockBehaviorConfig
- Fixed custom block texture handling
- Fixes map drawing
- Fixes crash when changing certain graphics settings ingame.
- Fixes shield message spam
- Fixed client crash when shipyard anchor was removed when a design was loaded
We will release further fix and cleanup updates while we are working on the universe update. If you have an issue a request, please join the discord. We’re always ready to add smaller features as well as handle bugs when I get the necessary information.
Thank you for playing StarMade,
- The Schine Team