Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
StarMade 0.19226 Released With Rail System
Posted on May 12th, 2015 04:14 AM EST
Finally the time has come to release the much anticipated Rail System. This update contains a full redesign of the docking and turrets system, as well as a ton of new features. The new rail/docking system also solves a lot of old problems.
Furthermore, thanks to the new devs, a lot of work has been done fixing bugs. They’re getting more and more familiar with the huge codebase, so bugfixing and work on new features will continue to speed up.
Here is the news in youtube form:
Here you will also find a list of tutorial youtube videos by bench:
The old system is still functional so ships, blueprints, or other structures will not break. The only restriction is that the docking beam is replaced with a pure activation beam, but if needed, the docking can be turned back on in the server config.
- Button block (Provides a short (0.5 sec) ON signal then deactivates)
- Flip-Flop block (Will only change its output when receiving an ON signal)
- Wireless block (Allows logic systems to connect from ship to ship)
- Remote block (Allows access to ship logic to be triggered from your action bar. Each block’s label can be changed by hitting ‘R’ on it)
This unfortunately had the effect that currently all hotbars will reset once, but in the long run the new system is a lot more comfortable.
The login procedure on servers that require authentication has been improved, so that non-uplinked players now get an explanation as well as a prompt to enter their credentials or go to the registry to setup a new account. Also, the pesky error messages which blocked the real message have been removed.
We fixed some bugs probably causing a lot of java version errors, making the code more strict to its version dependencies, so hopefully a lot less problems for new players will occur related to that.
- Dis-Integrator does not work on asteroids
- unable to track down path calculation failed
- Map: Interface skips the sectors near a system border
- Sniper rifle can zoom in the galaxy map
- Admins getting revoked of admin after logging on/off of server
- Logic on asteroid crashes the game (ClassCastException)
- IndexOutOfBoundsException with some handheld weapons
- Non-linear camera movement speed
- Ending tutorial brings you back to global spawnpoint
- Weapon menu not refreshing correctly
- Tab + F10 - Can be used to see cloaked entities
- Asteroid name mismatch (Zerkaner & Zercaner)
- Large, nearly complete blueprint quotas round to 100%
- NEW claimed systems do not get saved
- Overdrive power consumption doesn't scale with ratio
- 1th and 2th typos in Faction Rank
- Renamed entities cannot be searched for
- cloaked ships still have the "pilot" marker visible
- Cannot enter build block on asteroid - prevent placing it, not entering it
- docking module on asteroid crashes game on activation - prevent placing it, not activating it
- Lag/Freeze on autocomplete
- Tutorial fails to import sector correctly
- Launcher's world manager has no scrollbar
- /search only searching loaded entities
- GUI Error - faction menus refresh too fast and endlessly
Please go to our website to get an in-depth explanation and reference for all new systems.[star-made.org]
Use of the rail system, Crimson-Artist
That’s all for now,
Thanks for playing StarMade,
- schema and the Schine Team
Source : http://steamcommunity.com/games/244770/announcements/detail/249166030719835294